If search engines such as Google and Yahoo don’t display your website on the first page, your potential customers won’t be able to know your existence. Better search engine visibility means better brand awareness and higher profits.
It increases visits to your website and boosts your sales. But what if you don’t have the time to improve your website’s search engine ranking? After all, you also need to focus on your core business. Well, this is exactly when an experienced search engine optimization (SEO) consultant comes into play.
SEO rankings are serious business and an SEO consultant knows how exactly it works and how it can be applied to increase the ranking of your website. SEO experts understand that most people don’t go beyond the first page of Google. Hence, they try to bring your website on the first page so that your potential customers can reach you. It won’t be wrong to say that your revenue depends on top-notch SEO consulting.
A beautiful website makes no sense if no one visits it. You can pay for advertisements but that would be incomplete without organic search traffic. Optimizing a website is critically important. It has been seen that more than half of the people visiting local business websites go to the store on the same day. This proves that SEO makes a major impact on customer behavior.
How does SEO work?
As mentioned earlier, SEO optimizes websites to ensure a higher rank in Google or other search engine results. A search engine spider, popularly known as a web crawler crawls through your website, to determine how good or bad it is so that it could be ranked accordingly. Higher rank results in more visitors.
If the crawler doesn’t give a good rank, the website is displayed beyond the first page which means fewer visitors and less traffic. Less the traffic; least the conversions.
SEO is not just the competition of ranking your website the best in the search engine results. It’s also about ensuring that your page gets displayed in the results when someone searches for a specific keyword so that you receive your target audience and traffic.
Hiring a SEO Consultant
How do you know if an SEO consultant is good for you? Below are some tips to help you hire the best SEO experts for your business.
- As you select an SEO consulting, you are aiming to earn more revenue. You can ask the agency that what sets them apart from other SEO experts. In this way, you will be able to hear straight from the horse’s mouth about their best qualities and services. Their answer can give you the perception of their depth and understanding of SEO knowledge.
- There are numerous methods to approach and refine your website to top search engine rankings within SEO methods. Hence, you can ask them to give a summary of their SEO process. They can talk about the entire Internet marketing skills and process which will help you in overall success.
- Your website can be bombarded with code-level changes and structural transformation to give it a complete makeover. Ask them if they inform clients about such changes. After all, you are the owner of your site.
- SEO consultants use certain tools to diagnose your website’s condition and back linking practices to build a successful campaign. Ask them about the tools and processes. While Moz and SEMrush are the most popular, your SEO agency may also have their own software.
- SEO is an ongoing process ensuring long-term business growth. You definitely do not expect an SEO campaign to garner results in a day. However, that should not stop you to ask questions about how long or how much time will it take to get the desired results.
- From keyword rankings to bounce rate – there are various metrics that can guide campaigns. Ask the SEO consulting agency about the methods they use to measure progress.
- Reports from marketing SEO experts are interesting as you are informed about the progress and the scope of improvement. Hence, ask them how frequently they send out reports. You may get the notification once a week, month, quarter, or year.
- A reliable SEO agency should be able to provide various case studies and reviews from their clients to you. You can get an idea of their expertise if you are able to see some testimonials and success stories.
- Ask them about the issues they notice on your site. If they are able to evaluate or analyze the design and content of your website, they are worth hiring.
- A good SEO agency should be up to date and informed about the latest techniques so that your website doesn’t lag behind. Ask them if they keep up with current SEO trends.